DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:48:41 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEWS: SMT: Strange Journey confirmed for Nintendo DS (Read 29856 times)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « on: July 21, 2009, 11:26:04 PM »

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, the next title of the Megaten franchise, is being developed for Nintendo's portable console. It seems that Megami Ibunroku Devil Survivor was a big hit for Atlus, so big that they decided to develop their next game for the same console (leaving us, the fans, with the idea of this being a next gen Megaten game). This time around Kazuma Kaneko will take the lead as the character designer.

We can appreciate some of that awesome art and informatión from these scans:

The official website will be available for the next Friday, so be ready to visit once it's open to the public.

The game will be released on Octuber 8 for the Nintendo DS, being a RPG game with a first person point of view, using the lower screen as a personal map. You will have a good time playing with approximatelly 300 demons, as always, you will be able to contact them and fuse them. What? A little bit of background story? Ok, you're a soldier born in Japan. The game will be carrying a price tag of 6279 yens.

Hopefully, Atlus will give the Stylus a function with this one. Stay tunned for more news.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 06:31:40 AM by yksehtniycul »

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
marto_motoko
Devil Summoner

View Profile WWW
Not a big fan of sunlight
marto_motoko phones it in,
 « Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 11:37:52 PM »
Emilio, the scans aren't showing, and that's the thing I'm starving to see.  confused

Still incredibly good news, since Devil Survivor was such an impeccable entry in the series.

marto_motoko has 9 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 11:50:17 PM »
Did this like just happen or something? I thought I'd be the first to post some crap...

Promo reels(http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=90216)

Meh, the cast looks a lot more international, but sorry, Megaten has been weird enough lately... either the "strange" part is redundant, or it's going to be even weirder (and for the DS no less) tongue

PS: Too bad it's not weird in that enduring Urusei Yatsura way.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 11:52:47 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 11:57:04 PM »
Fixed! I'm having issues with my connection, sorry.

marto_motoko
Devil Summoner

View Profile WWW
 « Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 11:59:02 PM »
Thanks Emilio.

:D Ah, I can already say I like the art direction, and overall direction of this better than Devil Survivor.

marto_motoko
Devil Summoner

View Profile WWW
 « Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 12:02:54 AM »
Did this like just happen or something? I thought I'd be the first to post some crap...

Promo reels(http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=90216)

Meh, the cast looks a lot more international, but sorry, Megaten has been weird enough lately... either the "strange" part is redundant, or it's going to be even weirder (and for the DS no less) tongue

PS: Too bad it's not weird in that enduring Urusei Yatsura way.

Is there any way to save the images from Gonintendo? I'm very illiterate on any way other than *right click, save image as* and since that's not working... sick

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 12:07:48 AM »
NEWS:Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, está destinado al Nintendo DS

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, la próxima entrega de la franquicia de Megaten, está siendo producido para la consola portátil de Nintendo. Al parecer el título pasado de Megami Ibunroku DEVIL SURVIVOR fue un gran hit para ATLUS, tan grande que decidieron producir el siguiente juego de la franquicia para la misma consola (dejándonos a nosotros, los fans, sin la idea de que este sería el siguiente juego para consolas de tercera generación). Esta ves, Kazuma Kaneko tomará las riendas como diseñador de personajes.

Podemos apreciar un poco del fabuloso arte e información del juego en estos scans:

La página oficial estará habilitada para el próximo viernes, así que mantente atento para visitarla cuando esta sea abierta al público.

Fecha de Lanzamiento: Octubre 8 de 2009
Plataforma y Tipo: Nintendo DS / RPG
Precio: 6279 Yens
Página Oficial: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
Con un aproximado de 300 demonios, este juego parece ser el más grande nido de demonios de todos los anteriores juegos de la franquicia, podremos comunicarnos con estos demonios para así persuadirlos y fusionarlos, el juego es en primera persona con el mapa en la pantalla inferior. ¿Quieres saber un poco de la historia? Bueno, eres un soldado que nació en Japón, espero haya sido suficiente.

Con suerte y ATLUS decide darle alguna función en especial al Stylus de la consola.

My Blog Entry

« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 12:24:26 AM by Emilio Morales »

Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 12:41:00 AM »
Ok, added a couple of pics I miss. I'll be making the entry for the front page tomorrow. I need some sleep.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 02:47:31 AM »
Is there any way to save the images from Gonintendo? I'm very illiterate on any way other than *right click, save image as* and since that's not working... sick
There are many ways, and very simple at that. I couldn't give specific instructions not knowing your browser. But it should just involve a few clicks tops.

marto_motoko
Devil Summoner

View Profile WWW
 « Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 03:28:08 AM »
There are many ways, and very simple at that. I couldn't give specific instructions not knowing your browser. But it should just involve a few clicks tops.

Emilio posted them anyway.

Ah, to be computer illiterate in our day and age is like being a cripple in the middle ages - screwed. :(

Still, as for the game, looks immensely interesting. I'm very interested to see how it will be story-line wise. As for the monsters, I'm already seeing a few returning sprites, otherwise the backdrops look marvelous. Can't say I'm wild on the outfits for the soldiers, but I like this visually a ton more than Devil Survivor's outfits - they were a tad too j-pop for me.

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 09:42:23 AM »
Drat, on phone, can't see pictures XD I'll try to get  Emilios article proofread as soon as I get home though ^^;

The gate is open; it's time to raise some Hell!

Jessicat has 181 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
 « Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 09:46:03 AM »
Yeah! The game looks interesting and amazing. It's good they return to the basics with this one. I was hoping for a PS3 release but now that I think about it, this game looks amazing on the NDS, it's just sweet to have another portable Megaten game. And about the 300 demons, wow that's a big number just there eek I guess this will give the game good gameplay or even replay value. Ok, gotta catch 'em all! xd

Anyway, I already sent the entry to revision, make sure to add the images, yksehtniycul! wink

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 12:41:47 PM »
I'm not sure how to add these images to a news post other than the logo. I guess at the least I can use the "read more inside" click feature and load the images up on single article page. Not a bandwidth prob as much as that long list of big graphics would really gum up the front page.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 12:50:21 PM »
Drat, on phone, can't see pictures XD I'll try to get  Emilios article proofread as soon as I get home though ^^;

You've been our best editor yet. Have you registered with the WordPress website? Might as well have an Editor account... and if you can produce technically correct posts, I'll even give you publishing privileges (or if not maybe just the ability to edit posts after they're published)

PS: For the only Asian guy in the crew, he doesn't look very Asian...

« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 12:52:14 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 01:00:02 PM »
Emilio, I gotta say! I know we suck, but there are probably a lot of graphics in the blog on this site that hotlink to your graphics in your nijiko blog. If you ever expect those graphics to disappear you gotta let us know in advance (PS: Please let us know if you're keeping backups or not)

I'm trying to work on a proper system, but it just keeps being pushed back in terms of priority I'm afraid sweatdrop

You can't blame me, no one else is offering to help, and I just do the best I can... I'm certainly no Tony, but at least I won't desert the site like Tony wink

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: