DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:20:30 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Demonic Illustrations & Resources [Latest: Found that sprite site Pg. 4] (Read 81285 times)
Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #45 on: September 08, 2009, 01:57:03 PM »
And before I forget, also uploaded a profile image list of all the obtainable Devil Survivor demons in English: HERE. Had to upload it there because there's no way photobucket would let me upload a 2mb picture XD

The gate is open; it's time to raise some Hell!

Jessicat has 181 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #46 on: September 08, 2009, 02:44:14 PM »
If you really have a version of Kerberos in the forum banner I'd very much like to see it. Plus my source for the banner is really crap (an old worn out Kyuuyaku guide's back cover) ...so we could use a better scan for the forum. That might inspire me to finally replace the forum banner with something better doh

However the general quality of the book cover print is very nice... the wear on it not so much. It's not a crap dotmatrix type print. Still at that size, any version would probably be better.

The tri-headeded one is awesome. I will add yours to the wiki page eventually. It is from Soul-Hackers I'm virtually certain. Still the Kyuuyaku concept art is my favorite. If I could have an artbook quality print of any Megaten image I would choose that one. It's so rare too.

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #47 on: September 08, 2009, 02:59:52 PM »
^Thanks. Seriously! But does your game have sound after it says Sega? Maybe I need a newer version of Gens like yours confused

Damn, I've got no sound. I just checked with the sound down on my comp. And after your message I decided to check. Sound is not found.
But I found the solution.  rolleyes
Just run it in another emu. It's Kega Fusion http://www.eidolons-inn.net/tiki-index.php?page=Kega
But the need to run through the .cue file.

Hmmm, thanks for the leg work!! It was a little bumpy getting started. Running from the cue crashed, but fortunately it worked as a mounted drive thru the CD boot option ninja

This is the coolest version of SMT I've ever played. I like all the redone sprites. Can't wait to find out what the devils are like (hopefully it won't be a let down)

« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 03:21:00 PM by yksehtniycul »

BoreS
Russian MegaTen Society

MaleView Profile WWW Email
BoreS phones it in,
 « Reply #48 on: September 08, 2009, 03:40:48 PM »
I am glad that you got :)

BoreS has 46 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #49 on: September 08, 2009, 09:24:11 PM »
And before I forget, also uploaded a profile image list of all the obtainable Devil Survivor demons in English: HERE. Had to upload it there because there's no way photobucket would let me upload a 2mb picture XD

You can upload anything like that to comp.digitaldevildb.com now!! Won't have to go thru any crap either (and most importantly neither will the people you share with)

I am glad that you got :)

Me too smokin

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #50 on: September 09, 2009, 08:35:37 PM »
x.X; Okay, so if anyone has recommendations on scanners... I swear, the quality seems to be getting craptacular every time I scan. But, here are the two demon pics, [full-pages were uploaded to the db]. And with my new found Japanese knowledge, I discovered that the ugly yellow Cerberus is actually Orthus. heh ^^;

Yea, I had to pull the book to the seams to get Kyuu-berus scanned, but the nose is a bit blurry still ^^; If you need a bigger resolution [so you can shrink it and then no one will know otherwise :p] let me know :3
Enjoy! [I need a better catch phrase around here XD]

« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 08:39:30 PM by Jessicat »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #51 on: September 10, 2009, 05:41:41 AM »
I'm not sure but I've never had a scanner that sort of blurring going on. It could be light reflecting off the page somehow if it is really glossy. If it's just depth of field blurring, if you ever go to get a replacement scanner (they seem to cost a lot these days but like 10yrs ago you could buy good ones for 20$ or less, they were even giving them away??) ...I know the last cheapo scanner I had was sold as "3D scanner" meaning you could scan anything clearly... not just flat stuff. It works fine to put anything on top of it and scan away. Will even scan the ceiling just fine if you take the top completely off.

Another great alternative is just use a nice digital camera. My latest camera was quite cheap and the quality is just amazing. Perfect really. Just taking pictures of stuff yields better scans than any scanner I've ever used. Photographs might also come out more natural like an eye sees, because maybe scanners pick up too much of the grain and artifacts of the printing process (magnified by the scanner)

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #52 on: September 18, 2009, 10:00:09 AM »
I've saved this Kerberos for safe keeping (nice to finally see this one btw) but I'm not sure how I'm going to get him cut out of there with all those effect behind him.... confused

Let us know if you ever come across a different version. If I get bored one day I might yet give it a shot. Would look a lot better if I can pull it off somehow. I'm pretty clever in the image processing dept.

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #53 on: November 22, 2009, 02:19:38 AM »
So, uh, Sorry I've been kinda dead on the radar here, but I [re]found that site with a ton of early game sprites HERE it is. Early design Decarbria cannot be unseen! D: lol. I also never want to see another harpy again XD This is an epic resource, hope it can potentially be useful here ^^;

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #54 on: November 24, 2009, 03:40:06 AM »
I will post just to make sure my name is the latest post on every single board again rolleyes

I have been gradually repairing things... if only to assuage my guilt about it for a little while longer. The website will be moving to a new webhost very soon. That should make search and other things possible again on the website.

Otherwise nothing new is happening or apparently on the horizon. The move should feel seamless, though I don't think anyone would notice if it wasn't. I might make a last ditch effort to repair everything I can think of remaining before making the move.

PS: Ah man, got this on the Decarabia link...

アクセス権がありません。 (access denied)

残念ながら、ファイル、掲示板、またはディレクトリにアクセスが拒否されました。
お手数ですが、ファイルやディレクトリの設定をお確かめの上、もう一度接続し直してみてください。
また、ファイルのアップロードに失敗してる場合がありますので、
お手数ですが、もう一度、アップロードしなおしてみてください。

^Edited: It just came back... (looks like a boss maybe)

The other link seems to be having a hard time loading... maybe if the stuff comes back you can make an effort to save everything for us (ah the main site finally loaded)

Ah these are the PC88 Giten sprites I hope (I noticed "giten" in the url) ...I've been trying to find these again forever.

http://f46.aaa.livedoor.jp/~aqul/aton/giten/index.html

These are truly my favorites. I need to find a way to download the whole website!! This isn't the original place that had them up... those were all on a single page.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 04:02:32 AM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #55 on: November 24, 2009, 03:46:25 AM »
^BTW, thanks so much... it's this sort of thing that makes holding this place together all worthwhile  doh

These, MT1, and MIP are the absolute best of Megaten spritedom. These are so good, I have no clue why the Win98 sprites were so fucked up. I don't even think they were the same designs...

EDITED: More "Decarabia" like (http://f46.aaa.livedoor.jp/~aqul/aton/giten/007B.PNG) ...called "Bueru".

EDITED: Being rejected from ドリアード now (http://f46.aaa.livedoor.jp/~aqul/aton/giten/00CB.PNG)

^and apparently many others... might have to download/name these manually anyway.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 04:05:09 AM by yksehtniycul »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: