DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:18:32 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Demonic Illustrations & Resources [Latest: Found that sprite site Pg. 4] (Read 81293 times)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #30 on: September 01, 2009, 03:02:56 PM »
yksehtniycul, you can make such a section, and links to our files. But in our hosting restriction on downloading from the foreign countries  frown

Well, we will always host our own files. I guess we might have a reputation of "hotlinking" images, but it's just out of laziness/expediency.

When and if that happens someone can upload whatever files to the website, including possibly the ones at megaten.ru if you don't mind sharing rainbow

Things tend to happen slow around here. I guess we are more about endurance than cast iron zeal.

PS: I'm a little curious what your restriction specifically is about "foreign countries", eg. were you technically abusing your host's policies in inviting me to download the Mega CD SMT?

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #31 on: September 01, 2009, 05:16:59 PM »
Jessicat, We have even a site http://megaten.ru and magic button  biggrin

yksehtniycul, you can make such a section, and links to our files. But in our hosting restriction on downloading from the foreign countries  frown
I swear I did not see that when I went there ^^; Guess I am blind, lol. Thanks for letting me know though, you've got some impressive collections uploaded there :3

The gate is open; it's time to raise some Hell!

Jessicat has 181 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
BoreS
Russian MegaTen Society

MaleView Profile WWW Email
BoreS phones it in,
 « Reply #32 on: September 02, 2009, 05:20:35 AM »
Thanks Jessicat ^_^

yksehtniycul, That is what is written on the hosting, where our files.

Under this tariff plan need to daily foreign outbound traffic does not exceed Russia's outgoing. The rule is monitored automatically every 15 minutes. In case of excess of foreign over Russia's traffic more than 1Gb, the server ceases to give content to the foreign network. If you correct the situation, the normal work site is restored automatically. Reset counter of daily traffic occurs at 00:00.

BoreS has 46 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #33 on: September 02, 2009, 05:12:55 PM »
^Wow, I've never heard of anything like that. Basically it says for everyone is for every Russian IP that downloads a byte you can have one foreign IP download a byte. If you exceed that by more than 1GB access to foreigners is cut off for the day.

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #34 on: September 05, 2009, 03:44:21 AM »
Heading waaaaay offtopic:

We have everything wink
http://megaten.ru/Files.html

Do you personally know anyone who has been able to play this file?

I ended up busting my ass tonight just to get "Gens32 Surreal" to appear to work in Mega-CD mode. But the MCD bios doesn't seem to recognize it as a game disc. If I mount the cue file in the download I can play it like a music cd (kinda neat) ...but the emulator just puts the name in window title ("Sin Megami...") but otherwise the Mega-CD goes into it's music CD player mode, but doesn't seem to detect any music.

Anyway, if someone made it work with an emulator (I'm not going to run out and find a MegaCD) in any way, if you can give me advice, I'd be happy to write up a README file with English instructions to include in the download.

BoreS
Russian MegaTen Society

BoreS phones it in,
 « Reply #35 on: September 05, 2009, 08:54:40 AM »
see it
http://rapidshare.com/files/275978844/mcd_SMT.7z.html

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #36 on: September 05, 2009, 04:45:44 PM »

That's messed up^ (edited: just an English expression)

And here I was trying to play it as a CD doh

Still, according to the Gens32 readme files playing sega-cd game this way is complicated in the sound dept. Maybe I need a newer version, but there doesn't seem to be any sound in the game.

Quote from: Gens.txt
* Running a Sega-CD/Mega-CD Game from a CD image/Mp3 file:
----------------------------------------------------------

Gens also supports CD images (backups) in .iso/.bin/.raw format with .mp3
audio. It is recommended that when using CD images that you have both the CD
image and the correct .mp3 files available as many games will not run if the
audio tracks aren't present.

For Gens to correctly identify any .mp3 audio tracks for your CD images they
have to be placed in the same directory as the CD image file with the same
file name as the CD image followed by a track number. For example if you are
using a CD image called Blaster.iso with three .mp3 files you would need to
put all the files in the same directory and rename them like this:

Blaster.iso
     Blaster 02.mp3
     Blaster 03.mp3
     Blaster 04.mp3

There are a couple of important points to remember when setting up your CD
images & .mp3 files for use with Gens:

* The CD Image should NOT be numbered, it won't work if you have
       "Blaster 01.iso" instead of "Blaster.iso"!
     * The CD image acts as track one so the first audio track will always
       be track two+.
     * The track numbers must also be a TWO DIGIT number: 02, 03, ..10 etc,
       NOT 2, 3,...10.
     * The space between the file name and the track number is optional.

[+ Gens actually calculates the track order by looking at the numbers at the
   end of the .mp3 files. You can use any numbers you want, for example 10,
   27, 32... however it's easier to rename them in the way shown above.]

Once you've set up your CD image and .mp3 files as shown you're ready to
begin.

Instead of clicking on Boot CD in the File menu click on Open Rom as if you
were going to load a normal Genesis/Mega-Drive game. The Open file window
will appear as usual, click on the arrow on the "Files of type" box and
select "Sega CD isos files (*.iso,*.bin,*.raw)" from the drop down list. Now
locate your CD image file and click on the Open button to begin loading the
game. Gens will now initialize Sega-CD/Mega-CD emulation and begin reading
the CD image/.mp3 files. Please note it can take a while before the Sega-CD
/Mega-CD bios screen appears as Gens needs to calculate the length of all
the files before it can begin.

^Sounds like you gotta generate .mp3 files somehow confused

PS: How btw did you make that exe? It's dangerous to run exe files off the internet, they can install malware/etc. on your computer. So I'd like to know how you made it so I can see if the program you used is safe or not sweatdrop

« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 08:31:36 PM by yksehtniycul »

BoreS
Russian MegaTen Society

BoreS phones it in,
 « Reply #37 on: September 06, 2009, 06:52:12 AM »
In the archive that you downloaded from our website, folder. In the folder are two files(Shin_Megami_Tensei_(NTSC-J)_[T-044044].cue and Shin_Megami_Tensei_(NTSC-J)_[T-044044].iso). I run Shin_Megami_Tensei_(NTSC-J)_[T-044044].iso in the Gens32 Surreal v.1.80. Exe file I made using BB FlashBack http://www.bbsoftware.co.uk/bbflashback.aspx. Next time do it in avi. Sorry  biggrin

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #38 on: September 06, 2009, 07:31:52 AM »
^Thanks. Seriously! But does your game have sound after it says Sega? Maybe I need a newer version of Gens like yours confused

PS: I'm trying to track down a copy of the Windows version of Megami Ibunroku Persona. A guy I know thinks he knows where he can get one (got it before and lost it) ...but anyway I will try to get a copy of that to you for your page. Not a bad get (if we can get it)

PPS: I'm going to have that filesharing subdomain up soon everyone.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 07:35:13 AM by yksehtniycul »

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #39 on: September 06, 2009, 11:25:41 AM »
Yay, filesharing! Because sharing is caring rainbow XD I just realized I have both of those anime SMT OVAs, but one never worked [I hate having to search and download codecs every time I want to watch something! ;>>], so may be I could upload those.
And slightly off-topic, but I'm still searching for a way to rip that SMT Documentary DVD as well [I've ripped it but the file is weird; the actual disc still works fine x.x I hate technological incompetence, lol]

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #40 on: September 06, 2009, 04:54:10 PM »
I think the best thing to do at this point with the "documentary" would be to break all the chapters up into their own files. Then we can upload all the chapters to the website, and embed them in a page where people could watch them one at a time. It would be awesome to have the anime and anything else up as well.

In general I think we should just provide everything possible on the website until Atlus/company complain about anything. No images of new games of course. In general it's actually completely legal to provide game images if the games aren't being printed for retailers anymore. But with the rise of "virtual consoles" and crap I kinda wonder if that legal precedent still holds, or if the virtual consoles are the industries way of answering that legal decision. Technically the virtual console game is a different product (mainly sold for convenience in my opinion -- I buy mostly VC type stuff myself) so maybe legally images of the original games are still totally legit to host.

Video is ok as long as it is not high quality I think. For non-retail stuff like that documentary though the quality should not matter (it might in Japan if anyone cared)

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #41 on: September 07, 2009, 04:22:41 PM »
Hm, well since I've uploaded it on Veoh/Viddler, I'd have to just re-upload them here as movie files right? [Gah, when my laptop melted those movies went with it ;>>] The quality of the movies should be okay though. But as for the non-movie parts, they aren't really doable unless I rip the whole disc [which I am still trying to do. Arg.] The chapters are split weirdly though, the 3 Kaneko interview parts and one other small chapter were actually integrated into the "making of" part when being watched, but they're separate on the disc o.O;

Going through some old files, I have a few trailer-ish things from the first Devil Summoner Raidou, Nocturne, DemiKids, and IMAGINE. Not sure if those are noteworthy additions though ^^;

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #42 on: September 08, 2009, 03:01:47 AM »

http://wiki.digitaldevildb.com/wiki/Megami_Tensei_Wiki

I'll make a big avatar for the real wiki pages someday (http://www.digitaldevildb.com/wiki/Jack%20Frost)

BoreS
Russian MegaTen Society

BoreS phones it in,
 « Reply #43 on: September 08, 2009, 07:52:25 AM »
^Thanks. Seriously! But does your game have sound after it says Sega? Maybe I need a newer version of Gens like yours confused

Damn, I've got no sound. I just checked with the sound down on my comp. And after your message I decided to check. Sound is not found.
But I found the solution.  rolleyes
Just run it in another emu. It's Kega Fusion http://www.eidolons-inn.net/tiki-index.php?page=Kega
But the need to run through the .cue file.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 07:56:39 AM by BoreS »

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #44 on: September 08, 2009, 11:35:22 AM »
You know that blue Kerberos in the forum banner? I actually have a picture of him in one of my books [the 10th anniversary one; there's a 2 page section about Pascal/Kerberos/Cerberus] I'll see if I can scan it later today ^^; I also have another Cerberus version from I think Megami Tensei 2. It's yellow and green and ugly o.O;; I think I have a picture of the three headed Cerberus too [but it's monochrome ;>>] not sure if that'd be any use.

And the new logo looks good! [See? On the wiki page you still don't see the end of Jack O'Lantern's sword :p]

I think I'll just wait until you guys find a solution before I try out that game [I probably won't get too far in it anyways XD]

*edit* okay, I lied, I have both a colour and mono version of 3-headed Cerberus XD I remember finding the colour on a random fanpage somewhere a few years ago. The site seems to be dead/no longer updated. The mono one is a background image from the SMT TCG homepage. I think that site is still around XD

« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 11:57:12 AM by Jessicat »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: