DIGITAL_DEVIL_DATABASE Community Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:37:29 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: 2011: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/bbs/index.php/topic,1031.msg10894.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Demonic Illustrations & Resources [Latest: Found that sprite site Pg. 4] (Read 81286 times)
Emilio Morales
Lone Wolf

MaleView Profile WWW Email
personauser@hotmail.com
俺たちには大切の友達ある。
Emilio Morales phones it in,
 « Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 12:26:58 PM »
What a collection eek I envy you rainbow

Signature under construction 'cause the last one died.
10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Emilio Morales has 1133 Posts (+25/-0 Karma)
Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 04:25:28 PM »
O.O holycrap BoreS that's a really huge collection! [You have a whole shelf for all those? :p] I only collect the ones that look interesting to me [because I'm cheap ^^;]

...I'll go fire up my scanner :3

*edit* okay, some image-editing software required to make this look nice, but:

this look alright? ^^;

« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 04:33:39 PM by Jessicat »

The gate is open; it's time to raise some Hell!

Jessicat has 181 Posts (+11/-0 Karma)
BoreS
Russian MegaTen Society

BoreS phones it in,
 « Reply #17 on: July 24, 2009, 05:41:39 PM »
cool scans!
I just collect everything connected with the MegaTen.

BoreS has 46 Posts (+10/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
don't play with me 'cause you're playing with fire
yksehtniycul phones it in,
 « Reply #18 on: July 24, 2009, 07:37:14 PM »
^Yeah... I guess that's as good as it gets. The blur to the side does seem a little strange... I'm kind of wondering why it's there. Every scanner I've ever had would not blur something like that. Even if I snapped a photo with a digital camera confused

I think it's as important as anything to get a nice version of this graphic out on the internet biggrin

Would look nice on the website, somehow somewhere...

yksehtniycul has 2094 Posts (+0/-0 Karma)
yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #19 on: July 24, 2009, 07:41:54 PM »
PS: Speaking of guides, I have two of the best guidebooks ever for Shin Megami Tensei and Kyuuyaku, both in the same fashion. I'm not really sure what to call them, but they're so nice I'd collect everyone of these ever made for a Megaten game. I've no doubt these are the finest ever produced. I should know because I have like 3 for SMT2 that are all such crap combined they don't amount to a fraction of the value of these guides.

All I can say is they're part of a series. They have colourful dust jackets that appear identical to the game boxarts, but the paperback binding is skyblue with white print on it. I'm pretty sure they're part of an official Super Famicom series that might've carried over from/to other consoles (maybe just Nintendo)

« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 07:43:46 PM by yksehtniycul »

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #20 on: July 24, 2009, 08:30:42 PM »
^Yeah... I guess that's as good as it gets. The blur to the side does seem a little strange... I'm kind of wondering why it's there. Every scanner I've ever had would not blur something like that. Even if I snapped a photo with a digital camera confused

I think it's as important as anything to get a nice version of this graphic out on the internet biggrin

Would look nice on the website, somehow somewhere...
While I can say this scanner I have is is kinda old, the blurry part on once side is the where the spine of the book is [I didn't want to rip out the page XD] I bet if someone wasn't graphically challenged [like me] they could edit it and make it look...better? ^^;

Wanna share some pictures of your stuff too? :p

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #21 on: July 24, 2009, 10:08:13 PM »
Yeah but yeah, every scanner I have would not be blurred, it would just scan the folded page the way it is, unless there is some odd kind of material the pages are made out of... even if you put like an apple on the scanner it should look fine/mostly in focus. Just unfortunate the way it blurs so. I could probably doctor it after making the image much smaller. If you're ever in a kinkos or somewhere you could try a different scanner.

I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass, it's just a cool (really iconic) illustration that would be nice to have in focus smokin

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #22 on: July 25, 2009, 12:35:50 AM »
Okay, fine grumble I went and scanned it again, still a bit blurry...found the same pic in another book [the 10th yr one...only it's smaller, and a very small bit of the left side of the pic is cut off from the page/not in the book,] I'll drop both pics here. Oh, and one other one of a few random equips. Because I thought they looked cool XD And since I had the book open, I scanned the other page with Lucifer/Louis Cypher. [yay img spam! 8D]

Enjoy damn it! bob

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #23 on: July 25, 2009, 04:19:56 PM »
These are of these are really interesting. It's cool to see characters not done by Kazuma Kaneko. Any idea who the artist is btw? I'm assuming it's Atlus commissioned/owned artwork.

The smaller one is definitely of worse quality. But it could definitely help for doctoring the end of the sword / hopefully producing an image of some resolution that doesn't appear shopped.

I'm thinking about maybe using it as an avatar around the site, like on the games page. It's cooler, and the megamitensei.wikia wiki is using the same graphic we're using, so I'd rather have the cooler one maybe and then maybe use the old bros. avatar on the wiki pages to match the wikia logo.

PS: There's a good chance in an avatar situation the tip of the sword would get cutout anyway.

PPS: Since you seem to be knowledgeable of the Devil Children based games, do you think you could maybe find time to put something on our DC page (http://www.digitaldevildb.com/games/devil-children-titles/)

Just something basic like (http://www.digitaldevildb.com/games/persona-titles/)

We could also use a DC avatar.... but let's not let this thread get offtopic smokin

« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 04:21:44 PM by yksehtniycul »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #24 on: August 27, 2009, 12:05:58 AM »
Well rather than hunting down the original illustrations thread hilighting the Demi-Pascal illustration, I thought I'd post this here:

http://zoome.jp/kyitrin/diary/4

Yep, the Mega-CD actually has a Majuu Pascal, though it's not quite like the illustration (could be the same graphic as Kerberos -- but the name is clearly Pascal)

I also read there is a special version of Baal in this one based on the MT2 design. The name is spelled slightly differently as well in MT1/2; バアル instead of バール I think.

Also worth pointing out the sprite is very different, so I'm curious to know if all the sprites were redone for this version, because if so this goes from my would love to have list, to most wanted list.... (even though I'm not personally a fan of SMT)

^Just on a lark, does anyone have this rom? I'd put it on the site somewhere if we can track it down.

PS: Before I close this page/reboot I will screenshot the relevant frame if I can.

BoreS
Russian MegaTen Society

BoreS phones it in,
 « Reply #25 on: August 29, 2009, 09:22:00 AM »
We have everything wink
http://megaten.ru/Files.html

« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 09:31:31 AM by BoreS »

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #26 on: August 29, 2009, 10:17:59 AM »
We have everything wink
http://megaten.ru/Files.html

Now that's amazing 5innocent2

This website is really in a bad place. We need to get a section like this up here. We can do it technically now, but legally I think we need an indirect way to go about...

And I worked so hard to track down a copy of Giten PC88!  doh

PS: Screenshots.

* Pascal1.png (219.86 KB, 640x479 - viewed 1343 times.)

* Pascal2.png (220.77 KB, 640x479 - viewed 1365 times.)

Jessicat
Cat In A Dragon Suit

FemaleView Profile WWW
Dragon Fanatic
Jessicat phones it in,
 « Reply #27 on: August 29, 2009, 01:22:45 PM »
Whoa, that looks awesome. Wonder why they made him look different though o.O Without the mane and horns he looks like the concept art though XD

And wow, I totally didn't notice that section in your forum Bores ^^; I think I need to kick google translate for that though XD

yksehtniycul
The Karma King and
New Administrator

MaleView Profile WWW
 « Reply #28 on: August 29, 2009, 06:35:40 PM »
^Well, I'm sure Kerberos shares the same graphic. Same skillset/stats clearly. I'm guessing the story Kerberos you meet around Tokyo Destiny Land is also named Pascal. I never really liked the idea that Pascal is Kerberos. I prefer to think Kerberos is summoned by sacrificing Pascal (in turn imparting special loyalty to Kerberos) ....but then I really don't like SMT. Heresy I say.

Edited: But I dunno. He does have more of a dog tail instead of Kereberos' rat tail thing. My favorite Kerberos is the Kyuuyaku one (ultra rare concept art is in the forum banner)

« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 06:38:16 PM by yksehtniycul »

BoreS
Russian MegaTen Society

BoreS phones it in,
 « Reply #29 on: September 01, 2009, 12:21:04 AM »
Jessicat, We have even a site http://megaten.ru and magic button  biggrin

yksehtniycul, you can make such a section, and links to our files. But in our hosting restriction on downloading from the foreign countries  frown

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: